A standing seam roof system is constructed of metal panels. They are connected by standing (raised) seams, hence the name. Installing them properly requires using specific tools. Among the several common standing seam roof tools is the roof bracket.
What Are Roofing Brackets?
Roofing brackets are a tool employed on steep roofs. Their purpose is to provide a movable support system for the roofers. They accomplish this by holding in place a plank (a walkboard) from which the roofers work. In other words, they function as a type of scaffolding.
Standing seam roof tools such as brackets are also used to hold down ladders on or onto a roof. Depending upon the bracket’s design, it can help tie down a ladder at the bottom or on the side of a standing roof.
To be successful, a roof bracket requires these specific qualities.
- Adjustable: These types of standing seam roof tools need to be adjustable to suit the slope of the roof
- Anti-Corrosive: The material must be composed of anti-corrosive materials or be coated to prevent corrosion and rust
- Durability: Brackets must support diverse loads wet or dry. They need to be constructed to meet the demands of the diverse weights
- Easy to Install and Remove
- Non-damaging: The selected brackets should never damage the roof during installation or removal
- Secure and Safe: Brackets must be able to provide the security and safety required for any roofing job
- Versatility: Not only can brackets be attached independently to the roof to hold a walkboard, but they can also be used to facilitate the tying down of ladders to and on the side of the roof
Roofing brackets should always be matched with non-slip devices. They must also conform to the industrial standards and requirements of the various invested groups, organizations and associations.