Most people don’t know what happens to their home’s roof until there’s a problem. However, taking that approach can be costly when it’s time for maintenance. The NRCA (National Roofing Contractors Association) suggests that homeowners assess the condition of their roof at least twice per year. Doing so can help the homeowner get ready for the long, hot summer or the cold of winter. A professional roofer will assess the following areas when performing a twice-yearly inspection.
Cleaning the Gutters
Inspecting the roof and cleaning the gutters can be dangerous, and Roof Repair Companies Liberty MO will follow the below safety tips.
* The ladder should be on level, solid ground.
* It should be secured on the top end to prevent slipping.
* The ladder should extend a minimum of three feet above the gutter, and it should be angled back at least one foot for every four feet of eave height.
During the twice-yearly inspection, the roofer will clean the downspouts along with the gutters; if they’re clogged, rainwater won’t drain away properly. Overflowing gutters and downspouts can cause severe damage to the foundation of the home if left uncleaned. Waterlogged gutters can damage the fascia, but the damage can be prevented when the roofer does the following jobs.
* Removal of seeds, sticks, and leaves
* Removal of paste created from asphalt shingle granules that have washed away
* Flushing of gutters and downspouts
When the gutters are flushed, the roofer will check for pooling that indicates a low spot. Gutters should have a slope of one inch for every 15-20 feet in length, and the roofer can adjust them as needed.
What the Roofer Will Look For
Most roofing damage occurs without the homeowner noticing it. The signs below are indicative of the need for roof repair or replacement.
* Blistering, curling or buckling shingles
* Wear and loose material around pipes, chimneys, and other access points
* Excessive shingle material in the gutters. The granules give the shingles extra weight and protection from UV rays.
* Water damage on interior ceilings and walls
Proper roof maintenance through Website Domain can save energy and money in the long term. Roof Repair Companies Liberty MO can help a homeowner determine whether the home has enough insulation, and they can tell customers about new energy-efficient roofing materials. If the homeowner sees signs of trouble, they should call a roofing contractor for a free evaluation.